Little Souls
Welcome to Little Souls!
Please log-in and Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Little Souls
Welcome to Little Souls!
Please log-in and Enjoy your stay!
Little Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Souls: Your BJD Home

You are not connected. Please login or register

BJD Addicts - Video and Written Prompts

+2
EilonwyG
RainbowCheckers
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BJD Addicts - Video and Written Prompts Empty BJD Addicts - Video and Written Prompts Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 pm

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

I recently stumbled upon this really cool thing on youtube. It was a BJD Addicts Meme. The group comes out with prompts, and you make a video response. (There are written ones as well.) I thought they were awesome, and wanted to spread the fun on to all of you around here on LS. It'd also be fun to be able to see the faces of the members here. xD

I'll try to update this when I remember to check to see if there are any additional prompts. I'll put the master list here, along with the youtube links to each prompt.

Feel free to do them in whatever order you would like~

Video Prompts

Prompt #1: Intros
Prompt #2: Fears
Prompt #3: Funny Stories
Prompt #4: Backstories
Prompt #5: Workspace Tours
Prompt #6: Where do you store your dolls?
Prompt #7: Doll Relationships
Prompt #8: Stigmas and Stereotypes
Prompt #9: How did you get into the hobby?
Prompt #10: Halloween Costumes
Prompt #11: Favorite Aspects of your Dolls
Prompt #12: Meet Ups
Prompt #13: Clothes
Prompt #14: Faces
Prompt #15: Friends
Prompt #16: What do you do with your dolls?
Prompt #17: Box Openings
Prompt #18: Resin Comparisons
Prompt #19: Horror Stories
Prompt #20: Guys

To be added to as more prompts come up~

Written prompts in next post. Kiss

Last edited by RainbowCheckers on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://lunar-rain.deviantart.com/

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

RESERVED FOR WRITTEN PROMPT TOPICS~ 8D

There are 26 current written prompts...
I promise to get these up as soon as possible.

These seem to be trickier to find, so I'll do my best to get them all up quickly.

Prompt #1: The Wait
What are some things you do while you wait for your doll/doll things to come in?

Prompt #2: Dream Doll
If money was not an issue, what would be your dream doll to have and why?

Prompt #3: Fantasy Doll
What fantasy creature would you like to see as a BJD?

Prompt #4: Favorite Brand/Store:
What is your favorite place to buy BJDs? Is it a certain brand's website? Or is it a retailer like Denver Doll Emporium?

Prompt #5:

Prompt #6:

Prompt #7:

Prompt #8:

Prompt #9:

Prompt #10:

Prompt #11:

Prompt #12:

Prompt #13:

Prompt #14:

Prompt #15: How many do you own?
How many BJDs do you own? 1? 2? 5? A whole city?! Share!

Prompt #16:

Prompt #17: Unfortunate Buys
Have you ever ordered something and it either didn't fit or wasn't what you expected?

Prompt #18: BJD Tattoos
Does your BJD have tattoos? Are you looking into getting some for your BJD? What would they be?

Prompt #19: Playtime
How do you play with your BJDs?

Prompt #20: Selling Dolls
Would you ever sell one of your dolls?

Prompt #21: Skin Tones
Do you own dolls with different skin tones? (white, tan, ect.)

Prompt #22: Friends with Dolls
Do you have any friends with BJDs, and have you managed to 'convert' anyone?

Prompt #23: Favorite Eyes
What are you favorite types of eyes? Glass? Acrylic? Urethane?

Prompt #24: Where do you take your dolls?
Do you bring your dolls out with you? If so, where?

Prompt #25: Your doll's 'style'
So lots of dolls have a specific style in which they are dressed. We all want to know what style you like to dress your dolls in and do they ever change styles?

Prompt #26: Pretty vs. Poseable
In this hobby, you sometimes have to compromise... When it comes to your dolls, do you go for... pretty or poseable?

Go ahead and post links to your video responses. I'd love to see them~ Blush

Last edited by RainbowCheckers on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

MASTER LIST OF VIDEO LINKS

So we can all find them easier.
Let me know if you post one so I can add it to this list. Regular

Prompt #1:
JinMay

Prompt #2:
JinMay

Prompt #3:
JinMay

Prompt #4:
JinMay

Prompt #5:

Prompt #6:
JinMay

Prompt #7:
JinMay

Prompt #8:

Last edited by RainbowCheckers on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

EilonwyG

EilonwyG
Little Soul

I've never made a video before, although it would be interesting to try. I've done lots of written memes - writing's my thing and a lot of my characters have had their stories written, so that'll be interesting to do. I did some memes on LJ for a few of my characters. I look forward to seeing the written meme prompts!

http://eilonwyg.livejournal.com/

Deleriumsedge

Deleriumsedge
Little Soul

I have no means besides a digital camera to do so alas. :/

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

I don't have a camera either, Deleriumsedge, but I plan on borrowing one from a friend. xD

I'll be putting up the links to the written prompts today, so we'll hopefully be able to get those rollin~ Jumpy

JinMay

JinMay

Thanksfully I have a camera and mic built into my laptop, one of the reasons I got it Grin but it is fun to do~!

http://AutumnSolstice.deviantArt.com

Poiizu

Poiizu
Admin

Thanks for putting those up! I've been meaning to do those for a while Laugh

https://littlesouls.forumotion.com

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

No problem, Poiizu. Grin
I mean to do them sometime soon. I just gotta get my hands on a camera.

And I know you've got some already done, JinMay. So if you don't mind, I'll go ahead and link your's up. Kiss

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

Well, I guess I'll go ahead and start off the written prompts~

When I'm waiting for a doll, I usually character develop. Most of the characters that I resin-fy are already somewhat (if not fully) developed, but it helps ease the wait if I figure other random things out about them. Laugh
I also tend to look around on sites for clothes and wigs they'd wear. I never buy any, but it helps give me an idea of what I'll make them when they come it. Kiss
I carry the dolls I currently have around with me everywhere, more so than usual. If the doll I'm ordering is a similar size to one I already have, I'll sew them up some clothes too. Blush

I'd absolutely die to have a Soom Heliot and a Soom Chrom. I really wanted a Sard as well, until they came out with Heliot.
I'd also love to have any Unoa.
Lastly, I would love to get my hands on some of the Migidoll molds. Particularly Jina, Miho, and Ryu.
OH, and a Zaoll Luv.

I'll stop now. Silent

I'd love to see a griffin/human hybrid. I can't really think of any other fantasy creatures that'd I'd like to see as dolls that I haven't already seen... I'll probably think of more for this later.

Deleriumsedge

Deleriumsedge
Little Soul

Written I can do Regular

I generally look for some hair for them, shoes and maybe underwear. And then I stalk the website for any shipping details. I usually seem to have a name picked out already but if I don't I look up names. I then figure out personality.

A Volks SDC Renee. Hands down no question. But she now goes for between $3000-$4000 and that is just freaking nuts. I'm quietly wishing and waiting for volks to re-release her in some form or another.

I think they have all been done really? I dunno.

For dolls I've become an Iplehouse girl. Can't get enough of looking and wanting Grin. For clothes, I'm a fan of Dollmore, Tata's BJD and Nine9style.

JinMay

JinMay

What are some things you do while you wait for your doll/doll things to come in?

Well I start off by cleaning and adjusting my dolls area for the newbie. I clean my own room so I have a nice space for a box opeing and read a book. When it comes down to the 3 (usually three) days of shipping, I watch anime of some sort, about the only time I watch it these days.

If money was not an issue, what would be your dream doll to have and why?
Well I already have my main dream doll but I would enjoy a Soom Amber if I could have her~!

What fantasy creature would you like to see as a BJD?

Not a clue actually, since most are already made.

What is your favorite place to buy BJDs? Is it a certain brand's website? Or is it a retailer like Denver Doll Emporium?

*o* Luts please. I love Luts from some unknown reason. Something hard to since most of my dolls are from them or a CP doll.

http://AutumnSolstice.deviantArt.com

RainbowCheckers

RainbowCheckers
Senior Soul

Updated with some new video prompts. :3

14BJD Addicts - Video and Written Prompts Empty Re: BJD Addicts - Video and Written Prompts Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 am

EilonwyG

EilonwyG
Little Soul

Here are just a few of mine. I really need to find a way to video record to do the video prompts.

I can really be an antsy waiter, so sometimes it's just best not to think too much about my incoming doll, especially if I know it's going to be a long wait, like with Soom. For most of my waits, I generally search for wig and eyes that I think will work. Doesn't always work, as sometimes I know I won't know what I want until the doll comes in, in which case I usually at least find something in my (tiny) stock pile of stuff that will suit until perminent replacements can be found. I have also looked for clothes - either buying clothes from Ebay, the marketplace, Target (in the case of tinies that can use Barbie clothes) or meets, or I've made clothes for incoming dolls. I contemplate the character and search for a good name (which can sometimes last months past when the doll has finally come in) - at least in the case of a doll being bought not for an already established character. But generally it's best if I don't think about it too much

I currently own two of my dream doll - the OE and sleeping heads of the Delf Elf Shiwoo. Fell in love with him as soon as I got into the hobby, but sadly I came into the hobby about a year or two too late to buy him. I have a wonderful friend who has tracked down both heads for me and I couldn't be happier. Right now I don't know if I have a dream doll. I have a bunch of dolls I want, but fortunately none of them are limited.

Soom has really run the gammot on Fantasy dolls in the last few years and I'm not sure what else where missing. Maybe a ki-rin. We've had unicorns, but ki'rins? Not so much. I could go through my Monster Manual and discover more creatures that would be cool to be created into bjd form. How about Orcs? Or Trolls? Goblins or shifters (beast men)? Ooo, how about a Gizmo doll! lol How about a squirrel kid? They had a raccoon boy, why not a squirrel? There's so much fantasy out there, but it seems we're getting a lot of repeats on the same theme. It's time for something new, and maybe something not so attrative. ;)

I am absolutely in love with Fairyland dolls. I want, I think at last count, something close, if not over, 25 more dolls from there from their various sizes. And to that end, I generally order from Denver Doll. I swear by them. I know they've had some "issues" in the past with people not getting the right item, but they're always so good about fixing these issues. I personally have never had a problem with them. And they sell so much stuff! Plus, I love that you can still get in on the event orders even if you do a layaway. They're wonderful. Definately the way to go if you don't have enough for free shipping from Fairyland and want to do layaways.

For clothes, I can't get enough of Azurielle's clothes. Medieval/Rennessaince are my clothing styles of choice and she is the best and consistant maker of Renny clothes for all sizes. She's wonderful to work with. I also love Lord Sesshomarusama's line of clothes, but I actually don't own a lot of her stuff.

For eyes, I love Captured in Glass eyes from dolleyes. Really great quality at a really great prices, although "normal dome" really is code for high dome to me, so next time I plan to ask for low domes. I also love Masterpiece acrylics if I can get them in the color I like in the size I need at the time I'm looking for them. Ginarolo eyes are wonderful, but a tad on the expensive side, but generally if I get a pair, I'll be using it.

For wigs, I can't love enough JPop wigs. Synthetic mohair is my favorite material for wigs. So soft. Actual mohair tends to annoy me most of the time. It's just they don't always have the wig style I want in the color I like in the size I need. :/ And of course, Leekeworld. Despite the recent controversy, I still love their wigs and intend on getting more from them.

http://eilonwyg.livejournal.com/

LadyRANDOMia

LadyRANDOMia
Little Soul

Prompt #1:
I'm really impatient when it comes to waiting for orders, especially dolls, so I try to pass the time either doing doll related things like these prompts (as I am stuck waiting at the moment Laugh), watching box opening videos, searching for doll accessories, and trying to learn up on the on coming doll. This time I'm lucky enough to have moving plans and school stuff helping pass the time as well.

Prompt #2:
Right now my dream dolls are FairyLand Shiwoo and a number of Sooms. I also have 2 dream dolls on their way so I'm super happy Regular

Prompt #3:
I'm happy to have a goat-boy as is but I would love if someone made a rat-boy. Odd but I think if it were made well it would be pretty cute.

Prompt #4:
My favorite brands at the moment are Soom and Fairyland because they make gorgeous molds, while my favorite store is Denver Doll because they've made my life so much easier Laugh

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000527166742

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum